Sexual health is critical for embracing confidence, intimacy and an overall feeling of sensuality. There is no debate that childbirth, aging and menopause can take a toll. Tissue can become dry, sex can be painful and not as pleasurable, and even exercise or laughing can be embarrassing if there is urinary leakage. Until now, women have been robbed of experiencing their full potential and have been forced to consider surgery if they wanted to improve their vaginal health. The Regeneris Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation is now a pain-free, 20-minute, non-surgical procedure with no down time.
The Regeneris Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure combines the healing power of Regeneris Medical’s proprietary growth factors with fractional CO2 technology. Vaginal tissue is rejuvenated to its younger state by stimulating the production of collagen, improving texture and tone through controlled CO2 energy pulsing. Collagen is the main structural protein found in skin and other connective tissues, widely used in purified form for cosmetic surgical treatments.
The procedure is very simple. The Regeneris Vaginal Rejuvenation is performed in-office and takes less than 30 minutes. The CO2 laser administers energy around 0.5mm deep into the vaginal canal skin. These pulses of energy damage tiny areas of tissue on mucosal tissue of the vaginal wall. Like other anti-aging techniques that utilize lasers or microblading, the idea is that this procedure acts as a catalyst to promote the body’s natural healing response in which the surrounding undamaged tissue will then begin to regenerate tissue. The result is thicker and tighter vaginal tissue.
Who should consider Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Women with vulvovaginal atrophy (thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls)
- Women with lichen sclerosus (thin, white, patchy skin in the genital area)
- Women with menopause symptoms
- Women with chronic vaginitis (inflammation of the vagina that can result in discharge, itching and pain)
- Women with vulvar vestibulitis (chronic, unexplained pain in the area around the opening of the vagina)
- Women with stress urinary incontinence (unintentional loss of urine)
Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation is a good option for women that do not want the hassle of remembering and regulating treatments like estrogen therapy (which can cause blood clots, heart disease, stroke and breast cancer), lubricants, topical creams, nerve pain medications, anti-depressants, or adult diapers. This procedure is quick and painless, and the results can last months if not years.
The results of Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation are not just cosmetic. Rejuvenation can help with all of the procedures listed above, as tightened or strengthened vaginal tissue can help with urinary incontinence, menopause symptoms, vulvovaginal atrophy, and other conditions.
Every woman wants to feel active, productive and attractive. Vaginal health is critical to confidence, intimacy and overall feeling of sensuality. The Regeneris Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation procedure is a way to feel like yourself again. Learn more at regenerismedical.com
3 million new cases of Erectile Dysfunction (ED) are diagnosed each year within the United States, making it a very common disorder. ED is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection during sexual intercourse. Because of this, it’s not unheard of for ED sufferers to experience stress, low self-esteem, and relationship strain. Regeneris Medical now offers the P-Stem™ procedure, a treatment for ED as well as its resulting symptoms.
What is the P-Stem™?
The P-Stem™ is a Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy for penis rejuvenation combined with ALMI (autologous lipocyte micronized injection) and fat-derived stem cells that can help men with enhancement of erection, sensitivity and penis size. This simple, relatively painless office-based procedure uses blood-derived growth factors to rejuvenate the penis, improving functionality and boosting sensation. Similar to the P-Shot®, the P-Stem™ uses materials from your own body and is injected directly into the affected area.
Reasons to get P-Stem™
- Little to no side effects – Male enhancement medications like Viagra or Cialis can bring about a number of side effects such as vomiting, fainting, runny nose or headaches. P-Stem™ only utilizes elements within your body that promote tissue rejuvenation, making it a minimally invasive procedure with negligible side effects.
- Relatively painless – The P-Stem™ procedure begins with a mini liposuction that will extract approximately 50 ccs of fat. Stem cells are then obtained and exploited. Blood is drawn to isolate the PRP that will be administered along with the stem cells. Topical anesthetic is applied to the penis and left on for 20 minutes to ensure maximum comfort. Many patients feel little to no discomfort.
- Increased penis size – There are only two clinically proven ways to increase penis length and/or girth, one of which is penile implant surgery and the other is the P-Stem™. The P-Stem™ uses your own blood to rebuild collagen, leading to improved erection ability and increased penis size.
- Length of treatment – Many men can find themselves taking Viagra or other enhancement medications for a number of years. P-Stem™ is a procedure that takes less than 20 minutes and can yield results for years.
- Little down time – According to the Stem Cell Center of New Jersey, “the P-Shot has no downtime and little to zero discomfort during the procedure – you can even exercise and resume sexual activity the same day. It uses your body’s own healing properties to regenerate the penile tissue, which in turn increases blood flow, creating a more robust sexual performance, erections and size”.
- Good for any man – Any man who is looking for heightened sexual performance, male enhancement, or an improved sex life, can benefit from the procedure. Half of men between the ages of 35 and 65 will have a problem with erectile dysfunction, or other sexual wellness issues. The P-Stem™ has been designed to help these men. It is especially helpful for men who have lost erectile function due to prostate issues, Peyronie’s Disease treatment, the side effects from prescription drugs, or other medical conditions such as hypertension or diabetes. Whether you need just a little help now and again, or it has been years since you have been able to get an erection, the P-shot penis injection can help!
Erectile dysfunction doesn’t have to be an ongoing problem. With P-Stem™, you can see results almost immediately through this relatively painless procedure with negligible side effects. These six points are reasons to consider P-Stem™ over surgery or male enhancement medications. Learn more about P-Stem™ at www.regenerismedical.com/services/sexual-wellness/
The average American has sexual intercourse 103 times per year, and less than half are satisfied with their sex life. A contributing factor to low satisfaction rates is Female Sexual Arousal Disorder (FSAD), a condition in which women have a recurring inability to attain or maintain sexual arousal. Between 22-34% of American women have experienced FSAD at least once in their lifetime. The signs of FSAD may not be obvious to some, and could easily be disregarded if the patient is not educated on FSAD symptoms. Here are some signs indicating that you may have FSAD:
Low sexual desire
This may seem obvious, but a persistent lack of interest in sex could be a sign of FSAD, especially if the woman had a much higher sex drive recently. Women should take note of the levels of their sexual desire, and notice any dramatic changes.
Difficulty with arousal
Having a difficult time with sexual arousal or intimacy can be another sign of FSAD. This can be especially frustrating for women that have normal levels of sexual desire but difficulty becoming or staying aroused.
Difficulty achieving orgasm
Having prolonged sexual arousal and difficulty achieving orgasm is another common sign of FSAD. On average, healthy women are able to achieve orgasm by the 20-minute mark, making prolonged sexual arousal (over 45 to 60 minutes) potentially abnormal.
Pain associated with sex
Any sort of pain during sex in the abdominal or pelvic region is not normal and could be an indicator of FSAD or another sexual arousal disorder/disease. Be sure to consult your gynecologist or primary care doctor if you’re experiencing these symptoms.
There are a few treatment options for Female Sexual Arousal Disorder, with one being estrogen therapy. The Mayo Clinic states that “localized estrogen therapy comes in the form of a vaginal ring, cream or tablet. This therapy benefits sexual function by improving vaginal tone and elasticity, increasing vaginal blood flow and enhancing lubrication”. Estrogen therapy is one of the most common treatments for FSAD. Patients could also adjust other medications (such as anxiety or depression medications) that may have sexual side effects. There is one medication option on the market, Addyi, that can boost sexual desire in women. However, Addyi has significant side effects such as low blood pressure, sleepiness, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, and fainting. Another option is the O-Stem procedure, a therapy that uses platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections to increase sexual desire and allow for a stronger orgasm. Pelvic or vaginal pain can also be treated through various therapies.
Learn more about regenerative sexual wellness treatments at regenerismedical.com
There are many options for treating unexpected hair loss, with treatment being most effective when the condition is detected early. Knowing the difference between typical hair loss and unexpected balding is sometimes difficult. Here are the best ways to tell if you’re going bald.
Know how much shedding is too much
Everyone loses 50-100 hairs per day in order to make room for newer, healthier hairs. If your hair is falling out in handfuls or you see a major increase in your shedding quantity, you may be starting to go bald.
Look at your scalp
If there are any patchy, bare areas of your scalp where there wasn’t before, you may be experiencing unwanted hair loss. Be sure to check out all areas of your scalp, including the back of your head.
Study your hairline
Take notice of your hairline – is it receding? Balding people (men in particular) often experience a receding hairline in the early stages of hair loss. It may be helpful to take a photo of your hairline and use it to compare two weeks or a month later to see if there’s been any change.
Take before and after photos
Before and after photos are not only helpful for evaluating a receding hairline, but also for evaluating general hair loss. Ask a spouse or friend to take photos of your hair over the course of 2-4 months and study the photos to see if there’s been a change.
Wet your hair
A quick way to tell if your hair is thinning is to wet your hair in the shower or sink and see how much of your scalp is visible; if you can see an inch of your scalp or less, your hair is full and healthy – any more than that and you may be balding.
With these simple techniques, you should be able to tell if you are experiencing unexpected or normal hair loss. Be sure to check out our post on 4 Hair Loss Treatment Options and 8 Ways to Prevent Hair Loss. Learn more at nehair.com
August is hair loss awareness month. Hair loss affects over 80 million people in the United States alone, with billions of dollars spent on preventing and treating the condition. Here are four hair loss treatment options that can either slow the process of hair loss or help new hair follicles to grow.
1. Regeneris Stem Cell PRP
Using a combination of stem cells and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) harvested from the patient’s own body, Regeneris Stem Cell PRP stimulates dormant hair follicles to begin hair growth again. After the fat is removed from a specific area of the body, such as the abdomen, it is processed and purified to extract viable stem cells. PRP is extracted from the patient’s blood. These two substances are then combined and injected into the patient’s scalp using a small needle, enabling the growth factors and proteins to begin to restore hair growth over time.
Minoxidil is a topical hair loss treatment (usually applied as a foam or serum) that enhances the size of the patient’s hair follicle to allow for bigger, thicker strands of hair. This is a relatively low-cost treatment option, however, only 50% of users typically see improvement.
3. Wigs and hair pieces
Although not the typical solution patients seek out, hair pieces are a good first option for individuals with new or minimal hair loss. High quality, natural looking wigs are available through online stores and retailers, and could be covered by insurance.
4. Surgical methods
Procedures like microFUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) are a great option for those individuals looking for a more aggressive approach with high levels of improvement. The microFUE procedure extracts individual follicular units from the patient’s donor area microscopically. Growth factors are then added to the donor area, allowing for the donor area to potentially regrow. Another option is the Artas Robotic Hair Restoration procedure, a new technology allowing for precise, seamless hair transplant surgeries. The device’s robotic accuracy and high definition stereoscopic vision system allow for no linear scars and lower pain levels for patients. This procedure will be available soon at Regeneris Center for Health and Beauty.
Hair loss is not something to be ashamed or embarrassed of, and is a fairly common condition. Acknowledge Hair Loss Awareness Month by donating your hair to an organization like Locks of Love (a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States) or by inquiring about a Stem Cell PRP treatment. Learn more about hair restoration options at nehair.com